Call for Judges!
2023 BBQ, BREWS & BRATS
IN ENUMCLAW, WA
SEPT 30th through October 1st, 2023
Registration Deadline: September 24th, 2023
This is a family-friendly, PNWBA sanctioned, 4-meat BBQ competition combined with several local craft breweries and live music! BBQ competitors will have the opportunity to sample your BBQ expertise to compliment the beer tasting to the public.
On-site will be: BBQ Competition and Sampling, Live Music, Beer Sampling, Kids Zone/Games, Shopping with Local Vendors and MORE!!
- Organizer: Rene' Popkey and Jacyln VanHoof / Enumclaw Expo Center
- PNWBA Board Representative: Bill Stock
- PNWBA Head Judges: Lance Rasmussen & Steve Rubin
- Lance Rasmussen - Email: email@example.com Phone: (206) 601-2337
- Steve Rubin - (206) 412-0877 cell / message / text. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Stock - Email: email@example.com
- Rene' Popke - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (253) 740-4153
- Jaclyn VanHoof - Email: email@example.com Phone: (253) 740-4153
Total Prize Purse:
Important... You must be logged into this website with your email and password in order to access the registration for the event. It is helpful to know your judging number. You can view this by clicking on your profile and looking at your membership information prior to registering.
At this time, we are planning on 2 judging tables, but that number may be adjusted up or down depending on updated team count. We strongly recommend that if you are asked to be on the waiting list to please sign up in case it expands. Judges will be selected based on earliest signup date.
We are currently looking for the following:
• 12 Judges. Judges will be selected with preference for PNWBA Certified BBQ Judges. If you are not a PNWBA CBJ but are a KCBS CBJ, then you may be placed in a volunteer position or moved to a wait list as PNWBA CBJ's are given preference.
• 1 Table Captains. Preference will be to certified as Table Captains.
• 2-4 Volunteers, i.e. Food Runners, Meat Wranglers, and general helpers.
Due to the fluid nature of this event, signing up does not guarantee a judging spot. Please be willing to volunteer as needed. Should there be a reduction in judges needed, an email will be sent to see if you would wish to volunteer.
The head judges will make the final assessment of volunteers and choose the seated judges. Tables will also be adjusted by the Head Judges at the event to try and even out the judge levels and experience.
Please sign up for the waitlist if initial spots are full and we need to expand to a additional tables. We had to use several folks from the waitlist for our past events.
REQUIRED Judges Meeting:
- Sunday Oct 1st at 9:45 AM. Get here a bit early to participate with the teams in the Jack shot.
- Awards at 5:30pm (or earlier pending awards processing)
- 10:55 am to 11:04:59 am – Pork
- 11:55 am to 12:04:59 pm - Brisket
- 12:55 pm to 1:04:59 pm - Chicken
- 1:55 pm to 2:04:59 pm - Ribs
Enumclaw Expo Center
45224 284th Ave SE
Enumclaw, WA 98022
The area has several hotel options.
There is an RV park that is separate from the competition area and just outside of the fenced “fairgrounds” within sight of the competition area. If you would like to utilize this for lodging, then please go to https://www.enumclawexpo.com/p/camping to book reservations ASAP!! This weekend is VERY busy with all the activities and sites will go quickly!