Call For Judges
Canadian Festival of Chili and BBQ
IN Langley, BC
EVENT DATE: SUNDAY May 15TH, 2022
This is a fully sanctioned traditional 4 meat PNWBA event that is a celebration of their B-Bye Covid block party on the streets of Downtown Langley. This event is the longest running PNWBA event in Canada.
Important: This registration is for Sunday's four meat BBQ competition judging. We have separate registrations for Friday and Saturday special categories. Also note that the Saturday SCA judging signups are made directly on the SCA website and the CASI Chili judging is handled directly with the organizer.
For additional information about the PNWBA BBQ competition, SCA steak competition and CASI and other competitions, please visit: https://ccbbqs.com
- Organizer: Wayne Fettback
- PNWBA Board Representative: Steve Waldron
- PNWBA Head Judges: Lance Rasmussen & Steve Rubin
- Lance Rasmussen – 206-601-2337 cell / message / text. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Rubin - (206) 412-0877 cell / message / text. Email: email@example.com
- Pat Maddock - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wayne Fettback - Email: email@example.com
- Pork Ribs
Important... You must be logged into this website with your email and password in order to access the registration for the event.
At this time, we are planning on 4 judging tables, but will be adjusted based on updated team count.
We are looking for the following:
- 24 Judges. Judges will be selected with preference for PNWBA Certified BBQ Judges in good standing. If you are not a PNWBA CBJ but are a KCBS CBJ, then you may be placed in a volunteer position or moved to a wait list as PNWBA CBJ's are given preference.
- 4 Table Captains. Preference will be to certified as Table Captains.
- 5-6 Volunteers, i.e. Food Runners, Meat Wranglers, and general helpers.
Due to the fluid nature of this event, signing up does not guarantee a judging spot. Please be willing to volunteer as needed. Should there be a reduction in judges needed, an email will be sent to see if you would wish to volunteer.
The head judges will make the final assessment of volunteers and choose the seated judges. Tables will also be adjusted by the Head Judges at the event to try and even out the judge levels and experience.
Please sign up for the waitlist if initial spots are full and we need to expand to a 5th table. We had to use several folks from the waitlist for our past events.
At this time, on April 1st, 2022, Canada will be removing the requirement for covid testing prior to entry for travelers who are fully vaccinated (boosters not required). Fully vaccinated travelers may still be selected at random to take a test upon entry to Canada but will no longer be required to quarantine while awaiting their results. In addition, Canada indicated that all travelers will continue to be required to complete the ArriveCAN questionnaire online or through the mobile app before entry to Canada.
Sunday, May 15th, 2022.
Please come early to help assist with setup and so you are there prior to the judges meeting.
Reminder - Please refrain from wearing fragrances, colognes, powders, body sprays before coming to the event. It's important that all seated judges be able to smell the food and not other judges.
9:45 am- Please be at the location early and allow time for parking, entrance and finding the judging area.
10:00 am- Judges Meeting. Table Captains and volunteer meeting follows.
- 11:00pm – Pork
- 12:00pm – Ribs
- 1:00pm – Chicken
- 2:00pm - Pork Ribs
Window is 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after each hour.
Awards on Sunday May 14th at 5:00 pm
Downtown Langley - TBD
Room block on hold at Cascades Casino and Convention Center Coast Hotel under BBQ Championships GF9239 - Call 604.530.1500