Call For Judges
Wayne & Junes Back Yard BBQ IN Langley, BC
EVENT DATE: Saturday APRIL 2nd, 2022
Registration Deadline – March 28th, 2022
From the organizer, Wayne Fettback - "This will be the last Backyard BBQ after 15 years I am burnt out. I would like to Thank the judging teams that help make this a good event over the past 15 years. "
This is a charity event, so please be prepared to help.
Travel Note: As of April 1, the Canadian government will be lifting the pre-arrival COVID-19 testing requirement at the border for fully vaccinated travelers.
Passengers may still be subjected to random PCR testing at the airport, and travelers will still have to use the ArriveCAN app to enter their proof of vaccination and other required information,
- Organizer: Wayne Fettback
- PNWBA Board Representative: Steve Waldron
- PNWBA Head Judge: Lance Rasmussen
- PNWBA Head Judge Assistants: Carrie Higgins and Michele Vanderzwan
- Wayne Fettback - email@example.com
- Lance Rasmussen – 206-601-2337 cell / message / text. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Waldron - email@example.com
- Who Knows what we will get otherwise playing for Glory and a Ribbon.
- Tri tip
- Pork Ribs
There will also be a CASI Chili category.
Important... You must be logged into this website with your email and password in order to access the registration for the event.
At this time, we are planning on 2 judging tables, but will be adjusted based on updated team count.
We are looking for the following:
• 12 Judges. Judges will be selected with preference for PNWBA Certified BBQ Judges. If you are not a PNWBA CBJ but are a KCBS CBJ, then you may be placed in a volunteer position or moved to a wait list as PNWBA CBJ's are given preference.
• 2 Table Captains. Preference will be to certified as Table Captains.
• 1-2 Volunteers, i.e. Food Runners, Meat Wranglers, and general helpers.
Due to the fluid nature of this event, signing up does not guarantee a judging spot. Please be willing to volunteer as needed. Should there be a reduction in judges needed, an email will be sent to see if you would wish to volunteer.
The head judges will make the final assessment of volunteers and choose the seated judges. Tables will also be adjusted by the Head Judges at the event to try and even out the judge levels and experience.
Please sign up for the waitlist if initial spots are full and we need to expand to a 3rd table. We had to use several folks from the waitlist for our past events.
Current Covid safety protocols by the province or country will be observed.
Saturday, April 2nd, 2022.
Please come early to help assist with setup and so you are there prior to the judges meeting.
Reminder - Please refrain from wearing fragrances, colognes, powders, body sprays before coming to the event. It's important that all seated judges be able to smell the food and not other judges.
9:45 am- Please be at the location early and allow time for parking.
10:00 am- Judges Meeting. Table Captains and volunteer meeting follows.
- 11:00pm – Chicken
- 12:00pm – Tri Tip
- 1:00pm – Pork Ribs
- 2:00pm - CASI Chili
Window is 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after each hour.
Awards on Sunday April 2nd at around 3:00pm pending completion of event processing.
Wayne and June Fettback's Home
19934 35th Ave
Langley, BC V3A 2P8
Langley has several hotel options.