Famous Dave’s Hot and Fast BBQ Competition
IN PUYALLUP, WA
EVENT DATE: FRIDAY, FEBURARY 4TH, 2022
Registration Deadline – Jan 26th, 2022
As this is a fully sanctioned 1-day lite cook, As a multi-year event we will be a Jack qualifier if we have more than 25 teams.
See the information packet provided by the organizer for additional details.
- Organizer: Saffron Hodgson
- PNWBA Board Representative: Jason Bauer
- PNWBA Head Judges: Lance Rasmussen & Stacia Norris
- Lance Rasmussen – 206-601-2337 cell / message / text. Email: email@example.com
- pending 2nd judge
• $5,000 Total Prize Pool – subject to increase depending on team signups
- Grand Champion - $750.00
- Reserve Grand Champion - $250
- 1st - $300
- 2nd - $250
- 3rd - $200
- 4th - $150
- 5th - $100
Note: Meat will be provided for the Chicken, Pork Ribs and Brisket categories. Each Team will get 1 brisket, 3 racks pork ribs and 8 chicken drumsticks to cook. As long as site has passed inspection, teams will be able to receive and prepare their meats.
- Pork Ribs
Load in times:
Thursday 3rd Feb 8.15pm until 8am Friday 4th Feb morning
• Awards Start at 6pm for other categories, ETA PNWBA section 7:00 pm or earlier if possible.
Load out times:
• 8pm after event closes to the public..
• Between 6:15am and 8:00 am.
REQUIRED Cook’s Meeting:
• 8 am - Cooks meeting and meat selection. If all teams are present and have been inspected, we may try to move the meeting earlier.
Note: For a brisket, including trimming starting at 9am to 5pm turn-in, is 8 hours.
- 3:00pm – Chicken
- 4:00pm – Pork Ribs
- 5:00pm – Brisket
Window is 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after each hour.
Current Covid safety protocols by the state, county and facility will be observed.
For entrance - Teams and competitors are treated like vendors and will do the ‘do you have any symptoms?’ questions and then issued a wristband. No vaccination card or negative test required.
When in the team meeting and when turning in entries, you are only required to wear a mask if you have not been fully vaccinated.
Please review the Team Rules Page, even if you are an experienced team. Each site will be inspected to meet these requirements. If you are a new to competition BBQ team or new to PNWBA competitions, we recommend visiting our New Team Info page.
Entry fee is $150.00 USD. A designated amount of $12.50 from the entry fee is non-refundable to cover payment and event processing expenses. In the event of a cancellation by the event coordinator, $137.50 will be refunded from the entrants payment.
Entry fees must be paid at the time of registration.
• Power is provided.
Ash / Trash / Grey Water / Grease disposal:
• Provided by Venue.
Washington State Fairgrounds
110 9th Avenue Southwest
Puyallup, WA 98371-6811
Set up spots arranged by the venue.
Puyallup has several hotel options. The fairgrounds has an RV Park and bookings can be made directly with them at $35/night https://www.thefair.com/general-info/rv-camping/.