Cattlebaron’s Buckaroo BBQ in Pendleton, OR
Limited to 40 Teams. After 40 teams, additional will be waitlisted. Waitlisted teams will be accepted as additional space is available based on team count
Registration Deadline - April 28th, 2021
As this is a fully sanctioned 1-day lite cook, it should be a Jack qualifier if we have at least 15 teams minimum turning in ALL entries.
• Cattlebaron’s Buckaroo BBQ
• Organizer: Cattlemen’s Buckaroo BBQ
• PNWBA Board Representative: Steve Rubin
• PNWBA Head Judges: Jane Biehl & Steve Rubin
Contact info: Steve Rubin (206) 412-0877 cell / message / text. Email: email@example.com
(subject to change based on final sponsorship)
• $2,000 Total Prize Pool – subject to increase
• Beef Tri-Tip
• Pork Ribs
Load in times:
• Starting at 6am on Saturday, May 1, 2021. Ends at 9am unless prior arrangements are made. With prior arrangements, you can load in on Friday evening.
Load out times:
• Starting at 6pm on Saturday May 1, 2021 – AFTER Awards Ceremony.
REQUIRED Cook’s Meeting:
• 10am on Saturday, May 1, 2021.
(Window is 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after)
• 2:00pm – Beef Tri-Tip
• 3:00pm – Chicken
• 4:00pm – Ribs
For safety, the following requirements must be followed:
Masks – Masks must be always worn when indoors on Convention Center property. Masks must cover nose and mouth.
Please view the Cook Rules located here. Each site will be inspected to meet these requirements. We also recommend all teams, especially new teams, visit this page for more info.
$60 – Register here on PNWBA website for PNWBA and PNWBA Head Judge tracking, then pay the organizer directly at:
• Not allowed except tasting for the People’s Choice Award judging
People’s Choice Awards:
• 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies
• The organizer is supplying a quantity of Beef Tri-Tip to each team for the People’s Choice Awards. The People’s Choice Awards are judged by participants purchasing tokens. The teams with the most votes win the trophies.
• NOTE: The People’s Choice Awards tasting run from 1pm – 2:30pm. Tri-Tip turn-in is at 2pm to please be aware.
• Will be provided by the venue – please notify them in advance if it’s required.
Ash / Trash / Grey Water / Grease disposal:
• Provided by Venue. For grease, please cool before placing in trash.
Pendleton Convention Center
Pendleton, OR 97801
Set up spots arranged by the venue.