Call for Judges!
BIG SMOKE IN LITTLE KALAMA
IN KALAMA, WA
EVENT DATE: SUNDAY June 25th, 2023
This is a fully sanctioned traditional 4 meat PNWBA event located in Kalama's Haydu Park.
QUALIFIER? - This should be a Jack and American Royal qualifier if we have at least 25 teams turning in ALL entries.
Organizer: Rose Scattergood
PNWBA Board Representative: Bill Stock
PNWBA Head Judges: Steve Rubin & Jane Biehl
Bill Stock - (253) 241-8917 cell / message / text. Email: email@example.com
Steve Rubin - (206) 412-0877 cell / message / text. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rose Scattergood - email@example.com - website: https://bigsmokeinlittlekalama.com - phone: (360) 562-6664
Important... You must be logged into this website with your email and password in order to access the registration for the event. It is helpful to know your judging number. You can view this by clicking on your profile and looking at your membership information prior to registering.
At this time, we are planning on 4 judging tables, but that number may be adjusted up or down depending on updated team count. We strongly recommend that if you are asked to be on the waiting list to please sign up in case it expands. Judges will be selected based on earliest signup date.
We are currently looking for the following:
• 24 Judges. Judges will be selected with preference for PNWBA Certified BBQ Judges. If you are not a PNWBA CBJ but are a KCBS CBJ, then you may be placed in a volunteer position or moved to a wait list as PNWBA CBJ's are given preference.
• 4 Table Captains. Preference will be to certified as Table Captains.
• 7-8 Volunteers, i.e. Food Runners, Meat Wranglers, and general helpers.
Due to the fluid nature of this event, signing up does not guarantee a judging spot. Please be willing to volunteer as needed. Should there be a reduction in judges needed, an email will be sent to see if you would wish to volunteer.
The head judges will make the final assessment of volunteers and choose the seated judges. Tables will also be adjusted by the Head Judges at the event to try and even out the judge levels and experience.
Please sign up for the waitlist if initial spots are full and we need to expand to a additional tables. We had to use several folks from the waitlist for our past events.PNWBA BBQ Prize Pool:
$7,000 Prize Pool
REQUIRED Judges Meeting:
- Pork Ribs
- Sunday June 25th at 10:00 AM. Get here a bit early to participate with the teams in the Jack shot.
- Awards on Sunday June 25th at 5:00pm (or earlier pending awards processing)
Turn-in Times on Sunday June 25th:
- 10:55 am to 11:04:59 am – Pork
- 11:55 am to 12:04:59 pm - Brisket
- 12:55 pm to 1:04:59 pm - Chicken
- 1:55 pm to 2:04:59 pm - Ribs
253 Kalama River Road,