2023 BOTTLES, BREWS and BARBEQUES
IN Prosser, WA
JUNE 9th through 10th, 2023
Registration Deadline: June 5th, 2023
This is a fully sanctioned traditional 4 meat PNWBA event located in Prosser's Vintner's Village. A unique event that provides local wine, beer, and craft food tasting in one event with proceeds going to the Prosser Memorial Health Foundation. Currently the longest running event in the PNWBA.
There is a limit of 30 teams.
- Organizer: Shannon Hitchcock / Prosser Memorial Health Foundation
- PNWBA Board Representative: Eric Mendel
- PNWBA Head Judges: Lance Rasmussen & Steve Rubin
- Lance Rasmussen - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (206) 601-2337
- Steve Rubin - Email: email@example.com Phone: (206) 412-0877
- Eric Mendel - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shannon Hitchcock - (509) 786-6601
Total Prize Purse:
- Grand Champion - $600
- Reserve Grand Champion - $400
- Each Category:
- 1st - $225
- 2nd - $200
- 3rd - $175
- 4th - $125
- 5th - $100
Friday June 9th, 2023 11am until 4:45pm. If there is an issue with loading in before the cooks meeting, contact Lance via cell to make arrangements.
Friday June 9th from 1pm to 4:30pm.
Cooks Meeting (Required):
Friday, June 9th 5:00 pm
At least one member of your team is required to attend the cooks meeting.
11:00pm to 6:00am
Turn-in window is a 10 minute window.
- Pork - 10:55:00 am to 11:04:59 am
- Brisket - 10155:00 am to 12:04:59 pm
- Chicken - 12:55:00 pm to 1:04:59 pm
- Pork Ribs - 1:55:00 pm to 2:04:59 pm
Saturday, June 10th at 5:00pm (or earlier if processing completes earlier)
Subject to change depending on event processing.
Saturday, June 10th after the awards
Optional, but encouraged!
- One team member must have current WA food handler card.
- Teams shall adhere to all Health Department requirements. Health Department will be inspecting on Saturday.
- Tokens will be exchanged for 2 oz samples (or 1 rib or piece of chicken). Sampling should be small 2 oz portions not meals or large portions.
- Tokens have a $1 value.
- Teams keep 90% of sampling token value. 10% of sales proceeds to Prosser Memorial Health Foundation.
Prices are $3 for everything.
This is a 21+ age event due to the BBQ area being combined with the beer and wine tasting area. If you have team members that are under the age of 21 please contact Eric Mendel or Lance Rasmussen. We will site your team on the outside of the 21+ age restricted area.
Power - provided, however is limited levels. It is suggested to bring a power generator as a backup. Especially for those teams with both pellet smokers and steam tables.
Potable Water - provided by venue
Trash disposal – provided by venue
Ash disposal – provided by venue
Grease disposal – provided by venue
Grey water disposal – provided by venue
Team entry fee is $195.00 USD and is non-refundable. In the event of a cancellation by the event coordinator, $182.50 will be refunded from the entrant’s payment. Regardless of the situation, a designated amount of $12.50 from the entry fee is non-refundable to cover payment and event processing expenses.
Registration Payment Due:
Team entry fees must be paid at the time of registration.
- Power - provided by venue, but if you are dependent on power it is recommended to bring a backup source.
- Potable Water - provided by venue
- Trash disposal – provided by venue
- Ash disposal – provided by venue
- Grease disposal – provided by venue
- Grey water disposal – provided by venue
Team Site Size:
20x20 – If you require a larger footprint or can fit in a smaller footprint, contact the organizer prior to the event.
357 Port Ave
Parking is in the back lot as prior years.
Prosser has several hotel options.