Wayne Fettback BACKYARD EVENT (COVID Q) - Call for Judges/Volunteers
Event Date: JuLY 10th, 2021
Registration Deadline - July 5th, 2021
• PNWBA Board Representative: Steve Waldron
• PNWBA Head Judge: Lance Rasmussen
• PNWBA Head Judge Assistants: Carrie Higgins
Contact info: Lance Rasmussen – 206-601-2337 cell / message / text. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a charity event for Agriculture for Autism. 50/50 tickets will be available to purchase and if you wish to contribute additionally towards the charity, it would be graciously appreciated.
- Beef Tri-Tip
- Pork Ribs
Event Location at
19934 35 Ave
Langley, BC V3A 2P8
At this time, we are planning on 2 judging tables. Due to BC restrictions, the event is limited to 50 individuals total. It is suggested that you have at least had your first covid vaccination prior to the event.
We are looking for the following:
• 12Judges. Judges will be selected with preference for PNWBA current paid members certified as PNWBA BBQ Judges. Should there still be openings, PNWBA CBJ's with lapsed membership will be used, then KCBS certified BBQ judges will be used.
• 2 Table Captains. Preference will be to PNWBA current paid members certified as Table Captains.
• 1 Volunteer for Food Runners, Meat Wranglers, and general helpers.
Due to the fluid nature of this event, signing up does not guarantee a judging spot. Please be willing to be a table captain or volunteer as needed.
The head judge will make the final assessment of volunteers and choose the seated judges. Tables will also be adjusted at the event to try and even out the judge levels and experience.
Please sign up for the waitlist if initial spots are full. We may have cancellations. We had to use several folks from the waitlist for our last event. Preference is always given to PNWBA members with current paid membership.
For safety, the following requirements must be followed:
Masks – Masks must be always worn when indoors. Masks must cover nose and mouth.
• Judges - Masks may be removed when judging the taste and texture phase of each entry.
• Table Captains and other volunteers - Masks and gloves are required at all times.
Event Date and time
9:45 am - Please be at the location early.
10:00am - Judges Meeting.
- 11:00am – Chicken
- 12:00pm – Tri Tip
- 1:00pm – Ribs
- 2:00pm – Chili
Window is 5 minutes before the hour to 5 minutes after the hour.
Awards are planned for 3:00-3:30. If you can stay, the teams and organizers appreciate your participation.