Judging/Volunteers - Sweet Home ICEBOX COOKOFF
- Event Organizer: Mike White
- PNWBA Board Representative: Rush Hoag III
- PNWBA Head Judges: Steve Rubin & Lance Rasmussen
- Pork Ribs
At this time, there will be 4 judging tables and could expand to 4 depending on teams. We are looking for the following:
- 24 Judges. Judges will be selected with preference for PNWBA current paid members certified as PNWBA BBQ Judges. Should there still be openings, PNWBA CBJ's with lapsed membership will be used, then KCBS certified BBQ judges will be used.
- 4 Table Captains. Preference will be to PNWBA current paid members certified as Table Captains.
- 3-4 Food Runners. Takes entries checked in at the turn-in table and places in appropriate table location.
- 1-2 Meat Wranglers - bags judged entries and dispose of garnish.
We will have a waitlist option when the spots are filled, so in case of a cancellation, we will pull from the waitlist. Preference is always given to PNWBA members with current paid membership. We have a class where many taking the class will be judging, so number of judges needed is fluid.
Important: If registered, there may be a chance you may be moved to the waitlist after registration. Factors include having current paid PNWBA membership.
Non-seated judges and other helpers will be assigned positions at the venue. If you select to be a seated eating judge, it will not be guaranteed you will be seated. The head judges will make the final assessment of volunteers and choose the seated judges. Tables will also be adjusted at the event to try and even out the judge levels and experience.
If you select to not be a seated judge, we will assign positions at the venue.
For safety, the following requirements must be followed:
Masks – Masks must be always worn when on fairgrounds property. Masks must cover nose and mouth.
- Judges - Masks may be removed when judging the taste and texture phase of each entry. During the appearance portion, masks will be worn.
- Table Captains and other volunteers - Masks are required at all times.
The BBQ portion of the event will be on Sunday, April 11th. IMPORTANT!!! The event times will be later than standard PNWBA standard tournament times.
11:45 pm - Please be at the location early.
12:00pm - Judges Meeting. Table Captains and volunteer meeting follows.
(Window is 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after)
- 1:00pm- Pork
- 2:00pm - Brisket
- 3:00pm - Chicken
- 4:00pm - Ribs
- Hotels in Sweet Home / Lebanon area
Additional details to follow.