2023 BOTTLES, BREWS AND BARBEQUES
IN PROSSER, WA
Call for Judges
EVENT DATE: JUNE 10TH, 2023
Registration Deadline – June 6th, 2023
This is a fully sanctioned traditional 4 meat PNWBA event located in Prosser's Vintner's Village. This event is a popular venue in Washington Wine Country.
- Prosser Memorial Health Foundation
- Organizer: Shannon Hitchcock / Prosser Memorial Health Foundation
- PNWBA Board Representative: Eric Mendel
- PNWBA Head Judges: Lance Rasmussen & Steve Rubin
- Lance Rasmussen – 206-601-2337 cell / message / text. Email: email@example.com
- Steve Rubin - (206) 412-0877 cell / message / text. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Mendel - Email: email@example.com
- Shannon Hitchcock - 509-786-6601
PNWBA BBQ Prize Pool:
$4,500 Prize Pool
- Pork Ribs
Important... You must be logged into this website with your email and password in order to access the registration for the event. It is helpful to know your judging number. You can view this by clicking on your profile and looking at your membership information prior to registering.
At this time, we are planning on 3 judging tables. We strongly recommend that if you are asked to be on the waiting list to please sign up in case it expands.
We are looking for the following:
• 18 Judges. Judges will be selected with preference for PNWBA Certified BBQ Judges. We will also accept KCBS certified judges.
• 3 Table Captains. Preference will be to certified as Table Captains.
• 3-4 Volunteers, i.e. Food Runners, Meat Wranglers, and general helpers.
Due to the fluid nature of this event, signing up does not guarantee a judging spot. Please be willing to volunteer as needed. Should there be a reduction in judges needed, an email will be sent to see if you would wish to volunteer.
The head judges will make the final assessment of volunteers and choose the seated judges. Tables will also be adjusted by the Head Judges at the event to try and even out the judge levels and experience.
Please sign up for the waitlist if initial spots are full and we need to expand to a 3rd or 4th table. We had to use several folks from the waitlist for our past events.
Saturday, June 10th, 2023.
Please come early to help assist with setup and so you are there prior to the judges meeting.
Reminder - Please refrain from wearing fragrances, colognes, powders, body sprays before coming to the event. It's important that all seated judges be able to smell the food and not other judges.
9:45 am- Please be at the location early and allow time for parking, entrance and finding the judging area.
10:00 am- Judges Meeting. Table Captains and volunteer meeting follows.
- 11:00pm – Pork
- 12:00pm – Ribs
- 1:00pm – Chicken
- 2:00pm - Pork Ribs
Window is 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after each hour.
Awards on Saturday June 11th at 5:00pm (or earlier)
357 Port Ave
Prosser has several hotel options.