New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JamieK

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  09:57:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

I am relatively new to BBQ, but am eventually interested in getting into Competition BBQ. I have just finished building a UDS, also have a 22.5 Kettle, and as a keen salmon fisher I have been smoking salmon on my Big Chief for years.

I look cooking, and am a decent home cook, but have never really done low and slow on the BBQ, but am looking forward to learning and experimenting.

Cheers,

Jamie

UDS, 22.5 Kettle, Big Chief Electric Smoker

MADDOG

South Sandwich Islands
1202 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  10:53:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year Jamie. The last time I was in Nanaimo was two summers ago competing in a BBQ comp there. They didn't stage it this past year but I'm hearing rumbles they make try it again this summer. The PNWBA sanctions a number of events in the BC area, the first of which is coming up in Chilliwack March 29th & 30th. Even if you were not ready to compete, it would be a great event to come visit, chatting with cooks, asking questions, etc. It's called the Big Red Barn Burner and it's a VERY popular event. Watch our website for more information. Watch also for events in Cloverdale in May, Langley in June, Whistler in August and others. There's a strong bond between Western Canadian BBQers and their NW USA counterparts and it all comes together here in the PNWBA. We're glad to have you along. Come check out the events and when you're ready to jump into the competition we can always arrange for you to cook alongside a mentor team! Happy New Year to you!

Pat "Maddog" Maddock

"We must embrace our inner poultry." (It's a Zen BBQ thang)

Edited by - MADDOG on 01/16/2014 10:55:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Smoke

Canada
166 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2014 :  12:31:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Prairie Smoke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Jamie, thanks for saying hi!

Rob Reinhardt - Regina, Canada
Current BOD member
www.prairiebbq.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2018 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000