Recipes
 Oregon State Fair '09 - 'Anything But' eggrolls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nate

6 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  9:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During the state fair someone made the best eggrolls I have ever had and I have not been able to get them out of my head since. They were at the Saturday night potluck, so I am assuming it was what some team entered in the 'Anything But' category. These were thinner than most eggrolls, not quite as crispy, and tasted like they had a higher meat ratio than a normal eggroll. If someone has the recipe or knows who made them so I can bug them for it please let me know.

Thanks, Nate

Edited by - Nate on 11/18/2009 9:36:56 PM

lynnae

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  8:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit lynnae's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Piggy D's made those and they were more of a loompia or lumpia style 'egg roll' with a narrower profile and more meat to veggie ratio.
Lots of recipes on line and you use a spring roll wrapper instead of a traditional egg roll wrapper. The result is crispier and lighter.
Have fun!

Sugars Barbecue
Since 2006
Chopped Champion - season 36/3
BBQ Pitmasters - season 7 (2nd Runner-up)
BBQ Pitmasters - season 5 ALL STARS (2nd Runner-up) All Stars

www.sugarsbarbecue.com
www.portlandpitmasters.com

fancy bbq pit, another fancy bbq pit, a kettle..or 2, a few beat-up coolers that still work, fancy insulated coffee mug, not so fancy bbq pit.
Go to Top of Page

Nate

6 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  9:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just looked it up now that I have the name, that sure looks like them. I'll be trying my hand this weekend with it. Thanks Lynnae.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2017 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000