McKinley Springs results
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RibTickler

Canada
345 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  3:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations to Wine Country Q for Grand Champion and Piggy Ds for Reserve Champion.

Complete results have been submitted for posting to the Results section.

A special thanks to Sandy and Doug Rowell for hosting another great event at McKinley Springs Winery.
Also thanks to Stacia, all our judges, table captains and helpers for making this a smooth running event.
Mayben & Jackie

Mayben Amos
PNWBA Head Judge
PNWBA Master Judge
PNWBA Board Member

maximus

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  8:57:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Doug and Sandy for an entertaining event. I was fortunate enough to get to speak with Doug for a little bit. Doug I will have my eye out for The Dutch Oven cooking class next year. Sounds interesting.

I had some great BBQ this week and maybe the best single bite I have had judging competitions. Teams did a great job. I had a chance to talk with a few of the teams and appreciate your passion for what you do.

Thanks to Mayben and Jackie for your efforts as the head judge team. Also, to Stacia, Jane and many others. I knows it takes a lot to make these things happen.

This was my second trip to McKinley Springs and plan on continuing to participate at this event in the future.

Paul Wenger
Certified BBQ Judge #200897
Certified Table Captain
PNWBA Treasurer
Go to Top of Page

ptldrabbit

USA
892 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  9:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to add my thanks to all those that worked so hard to make the McKinley Springs competition such a success. Once again, it was a great event in a beautiful location. My personal gratitude goes out to all the teams and judges that were able to stick around after the competition to attend the potluck with our wonderful hosts. They put on a first class event and we certainly appreciate all the hard work it takes to make it that way.

Jane Biehl
PNWBA Head Judge
PNWBA CBJ# 200214
PNWBA President 2012 to 2017
KCBS CBJ# 53194
Go to Top of Page

maximus

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  11:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a potluck after the competition? I stayed for awards but was unaware that there was more going on after. "I missed it by that much"

Paul Wenger
Certified BBQ Judge #200897
Certified Table Captain
PNWBA Treasurer
Go to Top of Page

Bulldog

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  7:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking foward to pictures from the Mckinley event.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2018 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000