Checkin' in from Wenatchee
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dougc767

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2012 :  5:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All, newbie from the Wenatchee area. My cooking partner and I attended the class at Mike's Meat Market back in April and have been slowly getting up to speed on all that's required to enter into a comp. Well, it's time! Between busy summer schedules with the kids' and vacation, we've narrowed down only 2 weekends that we can attend. The Cheney Jubilee is one of them. Kinda apprehensive, but we're jumping in and looking forward to meeting the group. (we'll be easy to spot, ya know, the folks with the "what the hell is going on look").
Doug
Team "Pork Daddy's"

the_big_swede1

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2012 :  10:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit the_big_swede1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We won't be at Cheney this year - but it is always good to see a new team out cooking! The best advice I got when I was thinking of starting to compete was, "ah... just pick a team name and do it." The PNWBA is full of folks that will bend over backwards to help you get started. I know - because we are a fairly new team too, and the level of support and comraderie that I have seen from all of the cooks has been outstanding!

Best of luck at Cheney - it is a great event - I did my CBJ certification there. :)

Erik Lindeblom
CBJ#200665
Big Swede's BBQ Team
"Låt dem äta kött!"
Go to Top of Page

dougc767

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2012 :  5:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice Erik. Yep, picking a team name was quite the ordeal. We came up with some pretty interesting names. Look forward to meeting you.
Doug Canada

Edited by - dougc767 on 06/28/2012 5:04:11 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2017 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000