Recipes
 BBQ Experiment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

da fat boyz bbq

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2012 :  11:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit da fat boyz bbq's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just tried making "Scotch Eggs" for the 1st time! Got the idea and recipe from this site...

http://www.datenightdoins.com/Scotch_Eggs.html

Didn't look as pretty, but they rocked!

John - Da Fat Boyz BBQ

ckelly

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  11:00:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit ckelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Scotch eggs are AWESOME. Had my first encounter with them at bar in Vancouver. I probably went back for them 4 times that weekend!
Go to Top of Page

the_big_swede1

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  9:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit the_big_swede1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tried this last night on the WSM. They turned out with a really nice color. The overall presentation would be perfect for tailgating. However, I think they need a more "hip" name, like "Pork Grenades" or something. :) They tasted great, and I really enjoyed the mix of textures you get in a bite from the bacon to the sausage and ending with the egg... However, I will note that one of the CBJs that tried these didn't like the texture combination of the sausage with egg in the middle... guess that is why we drop the lowest score, right! :)

We used Johnson's Hot Italian sausage.

Erik Lindeblom
CBJ#200665
Big Swede's BBQ Team
"Låt dem äta kött!"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2017 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000