Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

robinotl

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  6:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I'm Robin Atkins. I have a Weber kettle and a Traeger Junior (that's all I can fit on the back of my deck at my apartment). I am looking forward to learning more about the world of competition BBQ, although I don't plan on competing, but may help compete with my friend Chris Kelly if he ever puts a team together. He and I just took the April 15th judging class. I am very excited about getting to judge as I love to eat and even better, I love to eat good 'Q. We are participating in the upcoming weekend event in Monroe - Saturday to help out at the charity event and on Sunday as a judge for the competition BBQ. Can't wait! Very excited! Nice to meet everybody. Looking forward to going to as many events as I can afford to travel to.

Robin Atkins
CBJ#200836
Go to Top of Page

ckelly

USA
644 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  7:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit ckelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hah hah Robin! Not a matter of IF but WHEN .... just need a little more time and we'll be competing before you know it! Good to see you got on the forum OK.
Go to Top of Page

dtgreen6

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  09:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Everyone, My name is David Green and I have just become a member of PNWBA and would like to introduce myself. I have been a backyard-er for over 30 years and love to BBQ for family and friends. I have had the privilege to help out several times on a BBQ team in Houston, TX. I now live in Federal Way, WA.. If anyone needs a grunt for their team in the area please let me know. I look forward to meeting and talking with fellow BBQ members.
Go to Top of Page

ckelly

USA
644 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  09:33:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit ckelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome David! Nice to see someone from down in my area. I'm right on the border of Federal Way & Auburn.
Go to Top of Page

dtgreen6

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  09:57:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome and I too am glad to see someone else in the area. I am om= the west side just before you get into NE Tacoma.
Go to Top of Page

NorthwestBBQ

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  1:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Click to see NorthwestBBQ's MSN Messenger address  Send NorthwestBBQ a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
David, come to the Washington State Spring BBQ Championship in Monroe, WA this weekend and see what we are all about!

Michael Stevenson
PNWBA/KCBS Member, Cook, CBJ & Photographer
http://www.facebook.com/CncWoodCarving
michaels123@msn.com
Go to Top of Page

grillin rob

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  11:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi my name is robert kimmons. i live in lacey wa. we have been here for 25yrs.retired military. and love to bbq.ilooking forward to having a great time with pnwba. my pit will be here in 2 weeks. it is coming from gator pits in houston tx. 20 x 48 1/4 in main chamber and 1/2 in 20 x 20 firebox. hoping to be ready for the centralia event.i will be asking alot of questions so please dont get mad. my team name is robs smokin and grillin bbq real smoke real flavor. anyone in the lacey area please drop a line.

grillin rob
Go to Top of Page

SMOKERJOE

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  10:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. My name is Joe and I am new to your forums. My current smokers are a backwoods, an ugly drum, a WSM, Traeger, and a Weber kettle. I live in Napavine and would like to let you know that I have some wild cherry, lots dry, and alder. Easy access and lots already cut that I am willing to give to anyone who wants it. I am having surgery soon and cannot use it. Please call me 360 740-1993.

SMOKERJOE
Go to Top of Page

MitchR

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  11:03:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings all. My name is Mitch Ruth, a new PNWBA member and CBJ. Been doing BBQ for many years, always looking to improve my methods and learn new techniques. On the search for a (back yard/small-medium party sized) offset horizontal if anyone has one they are looking to part with.
Go to Top of Page

daroldbritton

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  1:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there, Maybe I have what you are looking for, If you send me a mailing address, I can send pic's and all details. I build these , and have two that i could part with after , May 27th. thanks Darold Britton Pepper Pappy bbq Coos Bay Or. PH.(541)619-1140. email, pepperpappy1@yahoo.com.

Darold Britton
Go to Top of Page

MitchR

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  3:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darold, email sent.
Go to Top of Page

MitchR

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  2:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darold,

Your email comes up as invalid. My email is rott01@earthlink.net
Go to Top of Page

daroldbritton

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  9:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I don't know why that would be. I have had this email for a long time,and it has always worked fine, check spelling, I will try yours. Thanks

Darold Britton
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Mammoth

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  7:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
New Guy here from Orting. Getting ready to get out of Boeing and start Qing full time. I am improving a Lang 84 so I will stay dry .
Go to Top of Page

BackyardBum

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  6:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Mammoth

Hello,
New Guy here from Orting. Getting ready to get out of Boeing and start Qing full time. I am improving a Lang 84 so I will stay dry .

Welcome to the forum / PNWBA Mike ! look forward to meeting you at a event or somewhere along the smoke trail .. I have a 84 deluxe also, and after years of unintentional "wet rubs" am interested in how you plan on keeping things dry :)
Go to Top of Page

Stink-A-Que

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  12:34:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all My name is Ram I am in the military here in Oak Harbor and have been looking for cook offs to participate in and learn the ins and out up here. I am originally from Texas and have been on the smokers since 1995. I am currently in progress of building my own smoker on a trailer and it has been fun doing so. I have 3 other smokers out in the back yard that i have been cooking on till this new one that i am building. Now comes the time that i am looking to really get into but being in the military is kinda hard to participate in but when i get a chance i would be all over it. i would love to hear from all on how things are done up here since in Texas its way different but i am all ears. I do all kinds of smoking and make my own BBQ sauce as well. I have such a passion for cooking but need to network some more up here. Cant wait to get started up here.
Go to Top of Page

michael eckert

USA
401 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  2:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit michael eckert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome to see new people wanting to get involved, if I could help out on anything please let me know, I have only been competing for one year but I will do my best to make sure you have a POSITIVE experience in the PNWBA!

"Tombstone BBQ"
http://tombstonebbq.com
72" custom built reverse flow trailered pit, 18" WSM, Kenmore Elite gasser, SM 25# smoker, ECB.
CBJ #201135
Go to Top of Page

Backyard Bum

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  9:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy Ram ...nice to see another displaced Texan up here in the great northwet . Hope your duty schedule will allow you to join us at some of the events !

Ron Casner
Backyard Bum BBQ
Portland Oregon
Go to Top of Page

Deena

USA
1730 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  12:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deena's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome!! As one of the old timers :) I welcome you!! We have classes early in the year and one day events we call Spring Trainings.. that would be a great way to meet the cooks and jump into competing here in the Northwest. Looking forward to meeting you!

Christene James
Raven's Fyre BBQ
Master Judge #200002
Member #100001
Go to Top of Page

Stink-A-Que

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  7:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all for the welcoming. I look forward into meeting everyone and also learning some new things..
Go to Top of Page

smokeslayer

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  10:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All, Frank McWain here. Yakima WA. is where i Light My FIRE! Totally enjoyed the judges class! Stoked about this new page in my BBQ experience! Looking forward to meeting new BBQ Addicts!
Go to Top of Page

ckelly

USA
644 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  12:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit ckelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Frank!
Come out see us in Prosser for the McKinley Springs event which is happening on 6/7 and 6/8.
The signup area for judges is here: http://pnwba.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3626

Edited by - ckelly on 05/05/2013 12:44:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

TomL

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  08:42:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Frank,
Welcome.
In case you aren't aware of the general lay-out around here, the Cloverdale event is about as close to you as anything except last month's Monroe and Snohomish events.

Tom Little
CBJ 201011
Go to Top of Page

HogshackJohn

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  4:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit HogshackJohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi! I'm John Lim Hing from Richmond BC.
I run the HOG SHACK COOK HOUSE in Richmond in Historic Steveston village.
this is our first year competing. I use 22.5 WSM and a GMG david boone.
also a PNWBA CBJ

HOG SHACK COOKHOUSE
in historic Steveston, Richmond BC
www.hogshack.ca
2013 PNWBA New Team Of The Year
22.5 wsm
YS640

Twitter @hogshackca
Instagram : hogshackca
Go to Top of Page

UFF-DA-Q

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2014 :  12:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit UFF-DA-Q's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone!

My name is Daron Tandberg and live in Yakima, WA. I am a new member of the PNWBA. The name of my cooking team is UFF-DA-Q. We have been cooking for private events for the past 3 years or so and have caught a bug to jump into the competition to have some fun! For Christmas I recieved a registration to attend Slap Yo Daddy's class in Diamond Bar, CA. on Sunday March 2, 20014. Has anyone attended Harry's class before? I am stoked, especially after all of the reviews I've read. When can we expect the 2014 Schedule? I look forward to meeting many of the PNWBA members. Let's have some FUN!

Daron Tandberg
UFF-DA-Q
Yakima, WA
PNWBA CBJ# 201131
KSBC CBJ# 75507
Go to Top of Page

DMee

USA
400 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2014 :  2:11:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome! Sorry - I haven't attended Harry Soo's class, but the beginnings of the 2014 schedule can be found by clicking on "Newsletters" on the left, and viewing the Dec 2013 issue. Good luck, and see you down the trail.

Diane Mee
Lake House BBQ
Go to Top of Page

baconbouquet

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2014 :  09:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello my name is Scott my wifes name is laurie and we are looking forward to the 2014 comp BBQ events in the northwest, we have lived in eastern Washington all of our lives and lets just say we are getting to a mature age. Loving BBQ so much we decided that going to events and becoming judges was something that we have to do. Thank you for having this forum and I look forward to spending time hare.. Scott

Scotty (Cookin Q and lovin life)
PNWBA CBJ#201143
KCBS CBJ#76146
Go to Top of Page

ptldrabbit

USA
892 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2014 :  09:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Scott and Laurie!

As I am of a "mature" age and a certified judge, I can tell you that you won't regret becoming involved in this wonderful hobby.

I will point out that we have an upcoming judging class in Portland on March 9th with space available. Taking the class now, you will be ready when our competition season starts.

You can find all the information regarding classes above our calendar on our start page.

Once again welcome and I hope to see you out on the BBQ trail.

Jane Biehl
PNWBA Head Judge
PNWBA CBJ# 200214
PNWBA President 2012 to 2017
KCBS CBJ# 53194
Go to Top of Page

baconbouquet

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2014 :  09:51:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jane Laurie and I are wanting to attend the event in Portland on the 9th. This like you know would be our first judging class. I got so excited about making sure that we were both members of PNWBA that I signed up for a three year membership in my name and then signed Laurie up for a 1 year membership in her name. Well I guess we have enough membership to get started. LOL

Scotty (Cookin Q and lovin life)
PNWBA CBJ#201143
KCBS CBJ#76146
Go to Top of Page

Jared

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2014 :  2:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. My name is Jared Henline. I'm new to the area as after 16 1/2 years of United States Naval service has brought me to the Pacific Northwest. I live in Marysville, Wa and will be in the area for the next four years. I got started in competition bbq in 2012. I only have a few comps under my belt. It's hard for me to commit to several contest per year. I only get to one or two a year so no need to worry. I won't be stealing Team of the Year from anyone here. I look forward to meeting many of you and learning as much as I can from all. I have three goals when I go to a comp.
1) Have a fun
2) Enjoy the people in BBQ and meet as many teams as I can
3) Do my best to not finish last.
So far I have been able to do all of these. And I know that if I just stick with it that sooner or later I will be getting a call and walking across that stage.

Thanks for the welcome

Jared Henline
18 1/2 WSM
BROTHERS-IN-ARMS BBQ
" WE SERVE WITH PRIDE AND HONOR"
SMOKE IT UP!!!
KCBS member
PNWBA member
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic