Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Mark

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  5:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome from the south of you Check the calander some good cooking classes coming up

Mark
PNWBA CBJ 200278
KCBS CBJ 54417
1 green Thermapen
Go to Top of Page

SweetSmoke

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2011 :  8:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome. Maybe I will meet some of you sometime. :o)

Traeger Lil Tex Elite
My new perfume is Eau du Traeger
Pink Thermapen
Go to Top of Page

Rustys BBQ

Canada
319 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2011 :  10:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone I'm Rusty Johnson from Vancouver B.C. I recently completed the class in portland last week and had a great time. That was my last step before I start to compete and will be at the spring training cook off on the 3rd. I've been Qing for 2 years now and have found my self quite obsessed. My wife catches me reading BBQ sites all night long and is starting to get worried.

Bull BBQ's Angus and Bison
2 x FEC-750
2 x Outsiders Drums
2 x Humphrey's - Battle Box
Onyx Oven w/ blue DigiQ
Primo Round Kamado
Primo Oval XL
GMG - Davy Crockett
2 x GMG - Daniel Boone
2 x WSM 18"
2 x One touch silver kettle 22.5"
yellow therma pen(dead and buried)
RED thermapen
Grey thermapen
Go to Top of Page

Mark

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2011 :  11:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Rusty Ya cant cheat with meat. Can ya?

Mark
PNWBA CBJ 200278
KCBS CBJ 54417
1 green Thermapen
Go to Top of Page

skefire

1 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  7:59:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got signed up I'm Steve Manske from Tacoma. I received the class in Yakima as a Christmas gift. Went to Bargreen Ellsion to buy some of the required tools for the class and they gave me a student discount Waaahoo:) Went with a friend to the competition in Yakima last summer. What an eye opener. Not ready for competition just want to improve the home cooking.
Go to Top of Page

NorthwestBBQ

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  8:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Click to see NorthwestBBQ's MSN Messenger address  Send NorthwestBBQ a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Steve. Glad to have you here.

Michael Stevenson
PNWBA/KCBS Member, Cook, CBJ & Photographer
http://www.facebook.com/CncWoodCarving
michaels123@msn.com
Go to Top of Page

Elkman

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  4:52:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, Steve, we know you from back home! You are going to enjoy this group!

Paul / Vicky Trampush
Go to Top of Page

MADDOG

South Sandwich Islands
1220 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  12:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Steve - another Pierce County fella! Pat Maddock out here in University Place. Give some thought to coming out to some local events and chatting with some of the cooks. Questions about technique always get us going. We may not mention a step but if you see us doing it, there's the real proof. Another option would be for you to volunteer to join a competition team for a weekend or even one-day event. You can't help but learn that way and they are some suberb cooks who will take you on. So, keep and eye on the calendar and see what suits you. Meanwhile, welcome!

Pat "Maddog" Maddock
"We must embrace our inner freakin' poultry." (It's a Zen BBQ thang)
Go to Top of Page

gregg1002

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2011 :  9:46:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pnwba

All new members introduce yourselves here, please.

Hi, my name is Gregg Smith. I live in Rochester, Washington. I have been into Q for several years now but only recently have gotten serious about all things Q. I am a KCBS judge and will be going to a PNWBA judging class in May. I'm really looking forward to it.

Gregg Smith
PNWBA CBJ# 200675, Member# 101047
KCBS CBJ# 57296
Certified Table Captain
Mobile: 360-259-7633
gregg0924@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Deena

USA
1730 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  10:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Deena's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Gregg!!!

Christene James
Raven's Fyre BBQ
Master Judge #200002
Member #100001
Go to Top of Page

martychristian

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  7:51:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,my nane is Marty Christian live in Olympia. I've competed for several years in South Dakota and recently became a Judge in March. I my 16 year old son would like to take the Judging class, is he to young? Marty
Go to Top of Page

Deena

USA
1730 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  7:54:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deena's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope.. 16 is our requirement for judges. Sign him up!

Christene James
Raven's Fyre BBQ
Master Judge #200002
Member #100001
Go to Top of Page

Bradj1001

4 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  9:14:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon- My name is Brad Smith and I live in Kenmore. I have been BBQing for friends and family for years; I am truly excited to dive into competition. I will be at Black Lake in a few weeks under the team name "Our wives think we're in Vegas". Really looking forward to learning.
Go to Top of Page

NorthwestBBQ

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  4:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Click to see NorthwestBBQ's MSN Messenger address  Send NorthwestBBQ a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Brad!

Michael Stevenson
michaels123@msn.com
Go to Top of Page

Deena

USA
1730 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  4:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deena's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome.. Welcome Brad!

Christene James
Raven's Fyre BBQ
Master Judge #200002
Member #100001
Go to Top of Page

monroefp

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  10:20:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit monroefp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pnwba

All new members introduce yourselves here, please.

Don't worry. We'll figure it out.
Go to Top of Page

monroefp

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  10:25:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit monroefp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to introduce my self. My name is Paul with Monroe Fireplace & Stove in Monroe Wa. We have been working with specialty grills such as Treager, Green Egg, and most recently Green Mountain. We joined this forum because we have met several people from here ad most of them have a great attitude toward grilling and learning new techniques. If anyone ever has any questions fo us please post or feel free to check out or web site at www.monroefireplace.com

Don't worry. We'll figure it out.
Go to Top of Page

2tzbbq

4 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2011 :  09:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, my name is Mike Thurston owner of a small family business 2TZ Beltbustin' BBq out of Caldwell, Idaho. We have put together a team and will do our first comp at Boise Music Festival in July. No web as of yet but we can be viewed on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/2TZBeltbustinBBQue
lookin forward to seeing and meeting you all at comps

Image Insert:

65.75 KB
Go to Top of Page

TinSoldier

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  8:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone. My name is Jason and I live in Aloha, OR. You can also call me "TinSoldier" my nick. (Or just "Tin" or "TS".)

I have my entry form right here waiting to mail it in, but I did my PayPal payment for membership a couple of days ago.

I've seen the Thriftway Classic here in Aloha several years running although it seems as if I can never spend enough time visiting and milking folks for their know-how.

I'm hoping to get a judging class and even eventually actually to compete, and after that who knows. Maybe even doing some catering or whatever in order to pay for the contests LOL!

For now, I think that I'm an okay BBQer. I think I'm near the journeyman level for brisket, but I need to work on my ribs and my pulled pork. Chicken is right out at this point. Heh. That's why I'll want to take the cooking class too, eventually, once I can afford it.

I'm looking forward to meeting good people and sharing good food. That is the goal in the long run, everything else notwithstanding.

My current gear is a Char Griller Smokin' Pro offset smoker. I knew that I wanted to get serious when I bought a basket and some metal pieces, and some digital thermometers, in order to control the temperature better.

I hope eventually to augment my gear with a Weber Smokey Mountain (or two) and a Weber Kettle. If I knew more about welding I'd probably even try and build my own smoker from scratch.
Go to Top of Page

Dale-Cider House

USA
838 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  8:46:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome jason-no need to wait for the classes. Just show up at a cookoff and starting introducing yourself to the teams. I am sure that several would welcome you hanging around

Dale Groetsema
Legends of NW BBQ
Leukemia Sucks, Too BBQ
Cider House BBQ
Go to Top of Page

duelin j

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  1:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are Duelin J's Backyard BBQ and we are pleased to be new here!

Our first competition at Pork-in-the Pines was a blast and it was great to meet those of you that were there. All your help and tidbits of info were and are greatly appreciated!

We'll be seeing you all in Yakima!!

Jerry Keane
Duelin J's BBQ
I may have issues.....

Edited by - duelin j on 08/25/2011 1:05:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

NorthwestBBQ

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  4:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Click to see NorthwestBBQ's MSN Messenger address  Send NorthwestBBQ a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Jerry!

Michael Stevenson
michaels123@msn.com
Go to Top of Page

duelin j

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  6:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Michael!

Jerry Keane
Duelin J's BBQ
I may have issues.....
Go to Top of Page

Rookie48

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  10:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone! I'm Dave Compton from Des Moines, Iowa. I'm a KCBS Master CBJ with over 60 contests judged and I judge between 12 and 15 comps a year, mostly in Iowa, Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska. This summer I hope visit different parts of the country in my RV and do some judging along the way - maybe I'll get up to the PNW & meet some of you.

Dave Compton
KCBS Master CBJ # 22569
KCBS Board Member / Judges' Advocate
Proud member of a drinking club with a BBQ problem.
Go to Top of Page

ptldrabbit

USA
892 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2011 :  9:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Dave!

If you make it to Oregon during a competition, let me know and I will try to find a place at the judges table for you. By the way, do you happen to have any relatives in Missouri?

Jane Biehl
PNWBA Head Judge
PNWBA CBJ# 200214
PNWBA President 2012 to 2017
KCBS CBJ# 53194
Go to Top of Page

Rookie48

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  10:11:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx for all the warm welcomes! Jane, the only family that I know of in Missouri is a step-daughter & her family in a little town outside of Cameron on I-35.

Dave Compton
KCBS Master CBJ # 22569
KCBS Board Member / Judges' Advocate
Proud member of a drinking club with a BBQ problem.
Go to Top of Page

flirtinwithsmoke

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  9:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone my name is mike and my better half is andrea we are flirtin with smoke competition team and catering,we have only competed twice so far but have been catering for two years now with good luck..i have attended 2 paul kirk classes and am an huge bbq fanatic(just ask my family that is burned out of bbq) hope to meet you and look forward to chatting on this forum....
Go to Top of Page

MADDOG

South Sandwich Islands
1220 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  9:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right on Mike. We've got some members near you in the Enumclaw area and Bonny Lake and thereabouts. Don't know when you'll be ready to come compete again but there's a great event shaping up for March 23/24th in Redmond. It's a Whole Hog comp with a bunch of demos (brief classes) plus the basic PNWBA Pitmaster Cooking Class and I think they have a judging class scheduled, too. A lot of us competition cooks take the judging class to understand what's going on after we let go of the entry and then we judge now and then, too. The demo's should be interesting on the 24th and theirs a feast scheduled to dispatch with all of that cook pork. Should be a kick and ought to be a good day to come take in some of the action and instruction. You're climging into a MOST helpful and friendly bunch. Take a look around the forum and you'll get the feel for it and I hope to see you on the competition trail...WELCOME!

Pat "Maddog" Maddock
"We must embrace our inner freakin' poultry." (It's a Zen BBQ thang)
Go to Top of Page

ptweiler77

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  10:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit ptweiler77's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

My name is Paul and I'm in the Portland area (Tigard). I am still learning BBQ, even though I have culinary background (they don't teach much BBQ in culinary school). I've always been a backyard amateur who mostly grilled, until I fell in love with low and slow. I'm looking to hook up with some people here locally and learn the ropes of competition Q. I look forward to communicating with you here, and hopefully seeing you in the future. Thanks!

Paul W
G2 Pit Crew
We cook on a Memphis Elite Wood Fire grill, Hephaestus Grill-Pro Elite and WSMs.
Go to Top of Page

stogynoy

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  10:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit stogynoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Paul, Good to see you here. We hope to see you at some events, come by and say hi.

Brad Rand
https://www.thebbqclass.com
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-BBQ-Class-com/151555428295835
Sugar's BBQ
https://www.unclejebsbbq.com

PNWBA #200355 KCBS#56645
We cook on two Lang Barbecues. Both of which were custom desiged.
We also cook on WSM's 22.5 and 18's we love Webers.

Thanks to our sponsors:
http://www.wileyscookingwoods.com/
http://www.butcherbbq.com/
http://www.isoshred.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2018 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000