Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

pnwba

USA
622 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  04:17:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All new members introduce yourselves here, please.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator

MADDOG

South Sandwich Islands
1201 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  4:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the mailman just picked up the envelope with the check and registration form headed to Edmonds. So, by way of introduction, I'm Pat Maddock and the team is Maddog's BBQ & Chili competitors. From University Place, WA just outside of Tacoma overlooking the Narrows and Olympics. Right now, we're looking at the Oregon Pitmaster's class, Oregon Spring Trng and then WA Spring Trng by way of getting "up and running" in the PNWBA. I may offer to assist a team at Pike's Place, as well. Call me a pellet pusher with a big Traeger and a little hardwood on the side in my old indirect "chicken shack". Not a novice but so much to learn, as well. This forum has offered a good peak into your organization and so many of you come to life via comments and pics, we're looking forward to joining in. Thanks for the welcome mat!

Pat "Maddog" Maddock

"We must embrace our inner poultry." (It's a Zen BBQ thang)
Go to Top of Page

davejann

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  2:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pnwba

Hi, I'm Dave Jannuzzi and just recently completed the judging class at Woodstock Wine and Deli. Obviously, I need to judge as often as possible to reinforce what I started learning at the class. I am a Portland resident and retired so I would probably be available for most of the events around here. Also, I have not been able to locate an area on the site that would show me which events still required judges.

Looking forward
Go to Top of Page

Deena

USA
1716 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  5:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deena's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Go to the judges section here on the forum. Head judges will post calls for judges for each of the events.

Christene James
Raven's Fyre BBQ
Master Judge #200002
Member #100001
Go to Top of Page

pynsia

3 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  09:32:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm John Pynsia and just sighed up for the cooking class in CDA. I live in Spokane WA. My wife Karren is signed up for the judging class. We hope to learn and have some fun.
Go to Top of Page

Mark

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  11:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome John & Karren.
The class is great & so is the food

Mark
PNWBA CBJ 200278
KCBS CBJ 54417
1 green Thermapen
Go to Top of Page

Burnt Ends BBQ

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  3:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Burnt Ends BBQ's Homepage  Click to see Burnt Ends BBQ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
John and Karen, welcome to the wonderful world of Low and Slow! You live in a beautiful part of the country (I know. My wife and I lived in Moscow for 8 years). We are hoping to make this contest for a number of reasons. Welcome aboard!

John Roberts
Burnt Ends BBQ
Cedar Mill, OR.
http://burntendsbbq.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bush Cook

Australia
204 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  9:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bush Cook's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Finally getting on the forum having done one of what I hope to be many competitions.
Looking forward to my first over-night competition which will be either the Rose Festival or McKinley Springs.

Saffron
Pit Master - Bush Kitchen | Team Member Dances with Smoke
Follow me on Facebook! www.facebook.com/BushCooking
Follow me on Pinterest! http://pinterest.com/bushcooking
Go to Top of Page

stogynoy

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  8:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit stogynoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all, I'm Brad Rand. I have already met so many awesome people. I am a PNWBA cbj and KCBS cbj. Cooking has always been my passion. I look forward to competing, judging and contributing to the NW BBQ community. Ill help however I can. I am currently collecting the materials for a UDS or two any suggestions are welcome.

Brad

Brad Rand
https://www.thebbqclass.com
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-BBQ-Class-com/151555428295835
Sugar's BBQ
https://www.unclejebsbbq.com

PNWBA #200355 KCBS#56645
We cook on two Lang Barbecues. Both of which were custom desiged.
We also cook on WSM's 22.5 and 18's we love Webers.

Thanks to our sponsors:
http://www.wileyscookingwoods.com/
http://www.butcherbbq.com/
http://www.isoshred.com
Go to Top of Page

rusty

2 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  06:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy, I'm Rusty and am very interested in joining the pacific northwest bbq ass. I also would like to know what I've got to do to compete in up coming competitions.

Thanks,
Rusty
Go to Top of Page

Mark

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  6:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Rusty.
Have you take a look under calander as far as dates & locations, are you OR or WA? this weekend at Rose Fest in Portland there will be a compatition going on if ya can stop by Im sure there will be alot of members around you can pick their brains unless they are all at the Vodka tent

Mark
PNWBA CBJ 200278
KCBS CBJ 54417
1 green Thermapen
Go to Top of Page

K Dub

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  7:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MMMMM Vodka Tent....

Kevin
Smoke in the Wind BBQ Team
PNWBA CBJ #200338
Three 22.5 WSM'S
1 huge homade smoker pit (11footer)

Go to Top of Page

rusty

2 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  9:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark,
Thank you I am in Idaho and am interested in entering the Coeur d'Alene competition to get my feet wet, so I don't have much time. I would like to find out what I have to do to enter and what the rules are. I've never done competition BBQ but am very interested. I own a catering business and can't make it to any events befor this one. I do like the Voska Tent idea. It sounds like fun.
Thanks for any help you can give me,
Rusty
Go to Top of Page

Raven

USA
667 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  08:42:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Raven's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Rusty.

If you're interested in cooking the C d'A event, all you need to do is sign up and send your $s! The registration form is available from both the main page and the calendar page of the website. More importantly, though, take a look through the rules here:

http://www.pnwba.com/rules_page.htm

That should get you started. If you have specific questions, feel free to email me at bbqbird@gmail.com or pnwbapres@gmail.com.

Anthony P. James
Raven's Fyre BBQ
The Taste Will Bring Out The Pig In You!
Go to Top of Page

smokerbob

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  7:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello everyone Bob Burke fm Beaverton OR here just wanted to say hello and I am looking forward to talking with all of you.
I was a wood smoker for about 10 yrs, yet up at 4:30AM to have a brisket by 6:30 or 7. Picked up a Treager a little over a year ago and now I go back to bed after putting it on. How sweet it is!!

Go to Top of Page

Pitmaster57

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  4:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy everyone, Terry Thomas here. Just joined the PNWBA. Been a backyard BBQ'er for years. Now I do it for a living as the pitmaster for BBQ Pete's in Kent, Wa.. Took the Paul Kirk pitmaster class in April, went out & picked up a WSMS. so now is the time to see how well I done breaking it in over in Cle Elum (Pork in the Pines). See you there and best of luck to all. I know my team will need some.

Terry Thomas-Head Cook

BBQ Pete's Ol' Smokin Bandits
Go to Top of Page

daroldbritton

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  4:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi , some of you know me Have been a member, for a while My name is Darold Britton I will be 75 on july 27th I live in Coos Bay Or, we are going to try to bring an event to the south coast next year, email is pepperpappy1@yahoo.com. user name daroldbritton. Cooked the kcbs event in Albany Or for 3 years before moving to Coos Bay. I have a cooking pardner, Mike, we will be going to Lakeport Calif on aug 27 and 28th as Pappy and the big guy. Hope to meet all of you sometime. kcbs judge no.53039. Going to wash. for the pnwba judges class on Aug 14th. thanks to all Darold Britton Pepper Pappy Bbq co.

Darold Britton
Go to Top of Page

FinDvr

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  4:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Just found the PNWBA website and am hooked. Looking to join so I can take some of the classes. I just purchased a Primo grill and am looking forward to learning about (and tasting!) food cooked low and slow.

Denis Ryan
Go to Top of Page

NorthwestBBQ

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  5:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see NorthwestBBQ's MSN Messenger address  Send NorthwestBBQ a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
FinDvr, Please put your real name in your profile.

Michael Stevenson
PNWBA/KCBS Member, Cook, CBJ & Photographer
http://www.facebook.com/CncWoodCarving
michaels123@msn.com
Go to Top of Page

FinDvr

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  7:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Updated profile with real name.

-Denis Ryan
quote:
Originally posted by NorthwestBBQ

FinDvr, Please put your real name in your profile.

Go to Top of Page

NorthwestBBQ

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  06:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see NorthwestBBQ's MSN Messenger address  Send NorthwestBBQ a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks!

Michael Stevenson
PNWBA/KCBS Member, Cook, CBJ & Photographer
http://www.facebook.com/CncWoodCarving
michaels123@msn.com
Go to Top of Page

John Noble

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  7:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all.

Registering here for the first time.

I am from Vancouver, BC, and enjoy my wsm, weber kettles and a traeger 70.

Looking forward to learning and sharing.

John

Image Insert:

68.06 KB

John Noble
wsm 18, two kettles, a traeger 70, and a custom.
Go to Top of Page

MADDOG

South Sandwich Islands
1201 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  7:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EVERYTHING good starts with Bacon....John's future looks bright!

Pat "Maddog" Maddock

Go to Top of Page

ArmageddonBBQ

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  11:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Howdy folks....New to to the forum. I've been lurking on the smoke ring and just came across this site as I started to look in to doing competition next year.

Moved to North Bend, WA in 1996 from Kansas City and found myself yearning for some KC style Q..so I started my addicition of smoking. I'll be looking forward to meeting folks and sharing the art of BBQ.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

brett kilekas

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  1:20:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Happy New Year to all, my name is Brett Kilekas, I was on the other side of the table last year and really in joyed the group of people that I had a chance to talk with, so this year I thought would give a go on the other side table and try to make some BBQ. Hope to see ya out there in the smoke.
Go to Top of Page

MADDOG

South Sandwich Islands
1201 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  2:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob and Brett - welcome guys!

Pat "Maddog" Maddock

Go to Top of Page

Pshea64

1 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  5:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I'm Pat Shea and live outside of Cheney, WA. I built a offset smoker and I am still a novice wanting to learn the fine art of Q. I have attempted brisket and failed !!! Pork butt has been my most successful(go figure?). I heard that this summer Cheney is having a PNWBA sponsored event and I thought I better get smarter before I attempt my first event.
Thanks for any help/suggestions.
Pat

pat shea
Go to Top of Page

TomW

USA
645 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  8:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Pat,
Welcome. We hope to have a BBQ Pitmaster class in Spokane/CDA area this spring. I would suggest you sign up for it, or the one in Yakima. You will learn alot about competition bbq and bbq in general. The organizers of the Cheney event came to the CDA class last year and had a great time. Hope to see at one of them.

Tom W.
Dances With Smoke, LLC
BBQ & Grilling Spice Rubs
www.danceswithsmoke.com
Go to Top of Page

SweetSmoke

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  10:07:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone!
My name is Erin Provost and I live in Vancouver, WA. My husband gave me a Traeger Lil Tex Elite for Christmas and I have been addicted ever since. Prior to that I only grilled on a gas Weber. I was just your basic backyard griller. Not a passion, but a convenient way to cook once in awhile. That has changed. Now I am interested in learning how to cook all kinds of things on my Traeger. I signed up for the PNWBA BBQ cooking class in Portland this March and I also joined PNWBA. I am so excited! Right now I just want to learn. I don't think I will compete, but I will definitely go to events. Who knows, maybe that will lead me to enter a competition just for fun.

Traeger Lil Tex Elite
My new perfume is Eau du Traeger
Pink Thermapen
Go to Top of Page

Dale-Cider House

USA
828 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  1:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Erin

I also live in Vancouver and you are well on the way to a new, and possibly obsessive hobby. Let me know if I can be of any help

Dale Groetsema
Legends of NW BBQ
Leukemia Sucks, Too BBQ
Cider House BBQ
Go to Top of Page

Bigdogphin

USA
641 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  3:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Erin

Glad you can join us.

Jesse