Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General BBQ Discussions
 BBQ Central
 Feeding Portland Homeless - December 16th

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dale-Cider House Posted - 11/21/2017 : 07:32:49 AM
After a hiatus last year (this is our 8th time in the past 9 years), once again, I am asking for your help feeding the homeless in downtown Portland on Saturday, December 16th. Sue Kleeman, who heads up Bridge of Faith Ministries and sponsors this event every other week, year round, reports that attendance can be spotty since Portland City policies have caused the dispersion of the homeless from the downtown core area to across many locations throughout the city.
The location we will be setting up at has changed from being under a bridge on the west side of the Willamette River. Instead, we will be located on the eastside waterfront, near the Vera Katz statue off SE Main Street. I will get and post the exact address when I set up the roll call for this event. This actually is a better location as it has cover from the weather, seating, garbage cans and porta-potties.
In the past, we have served as few as 60 people and as many as 120. This year, it could be as low as 30 people but they recently had a Saturday where they ran out of food so you never know for sure. To allow for this, I will be planning to have more than enough prepared so that any leftovers can be used by the Bridge of Faith Ministries to make meals for future events.
Even though the food may end up being less, we can all still help by donating funds or warm clean usable clothing, such as socks, gloves, hand warmers, hats, and jackets (especially hoodies).

More to come by next weekend at the latest.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lynnae Posted - 11/25/2017 : 10:27:28 AM
Dale,
Please put me down to attend and help! When the schedule allows, I always love being part of this event. Stephanie is out of town that week so I'm not sure she'll join me. I'd also love to contribute food as well. Please contact me directly at sugarsbbq@gmail.com. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again!! Thank you!
L

© 2018 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000