Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General BBQ Discussions
 BBQ Central
 Thermometers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kyle Anderson Posted - 05/15/2014 : 10:24:35 PM
Hi Group and Pit Masters

I am in the market for a Thermometer have seen some from Thermo-Works but have no idea where to start ??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kyle Anderson Posted - 05/19/2014 : 9:20:41 PM
I saw this on their website as well

http://thermoworks.com/products/low_cost/thermopop.html
michael eckert Posted - 05/19/2014 : 09:38:07 AM
One benefit of getting a Thermopen is that the Health Departments love them!!
Slow Porkin Posted - 05/19/2014 : 09:32:36 AM
The termapen price seemed a bit ridiculous to me so I bought the low end model from thermoworks. Thermapens are nice but not cheap. It was about $25 and has worked great. Only difference takes 5 seconds vs 3 seconds (thermapen) to dial in and 0.9 degree accuracy vs 0.7 of thermapens. I figure for bbq meats we are cooking to rough temps (195, 200 etc) and more by feel and temp why spend the $100. The accuracy on this model isn't much different than thermapens we aren't doing anything that requires that fast of output or accuracy. I say save the money and buy some other bbq toy. If money is no object or you want the caddy of therms go thermapen!

http://thermoworks.com/products/low_cost/rt600c.html
riverrat49 Posted - 05/16/2014 : 07:09:06 AM
I agree with DMee, when I started Comps I wanted something accurate and dependable and Thermapen filled that need but if your just starting out or fundage is an issue try the Thermopop, it was tested by Pelletheads and for the price it's a pretty good little unit . As tested it was accurate +/- 2* to 248* F and +/- 4* above 248*, takes about 6.3 seconds to reach stable temps vs Thermapens 3 seconds
DMee Posted - 05/16/2014 : 06:52:04 AM
It would depend on what/how your cooking, and how much you want to spend. The standard bearer that most all of us use the the Thermapen. It's $96 from Thermoworks.com.
They periodically have open box sales, and then they are about $85 each.

© 2017 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000