Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General BBQ Discussions
 BBQ Central
 What's a good pellet smoker for competition?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
2Bullies Posted - 06/03/2013 : 12:28:25 PM
I've had Treagers, cant seem to get enough smoke in the product...Are there any good pellet smokers designed for competition? Any suggestions? Experiences?

Thanks,
Marv Bennett
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MADDOG Posted - 06/20/2013 : 10:25:02 PM
COOKSHACK, years ago, designed a pellet pooper specifically FOR competition BBQ and their advisor was a fella by the name of Fast Eddie Maurin, who had been champion of about... damned near... almost... pert 'near... essentially... 'bout every damned thing! What emerged was the Fast Eddie 100. It's a staple from state to state in the world of competition BBQ. Many variations have been created but the Fast Eddie Cooker is still to be found, old ones and new ones at most every competition in North America and lots of 'em. I did a fair amount of research about mid-size cookers and, as a Traeger Model 75 owner, I concluded that the FEC 100 was where I wanted to go but not until I could find a damned good used one for the right price. I recently did and I have been putting it through it's paces, competing, cooking at home, catering multiple events, etc... I'm more pleased than I even expected to be. OK nuff from me. DON'T listen to just one or two of us. We will most all push what we use. Very many folks will have their own perspective and you'll find that different units please different people as they are all looking for somewhat different things. It's your turn to go do your own research. When you're done, choose what YOU like as so many of us have done. Enjoy the process. It will be very informative.
cheztim Posted - 06/07/2013 : 08:13:07 AM
I've had good luck with my Traegers after I added a "Smoke Daddy" to one of them. It seems the long cook meats turn out ok, but the short cook stuff, like chicken & ribs, need the extra kick.
Bigdogphin Posted - 06/06/2013 : 7:31:37 PM
Yoder YS640 or YS1320 or cookshack Fec 100 or 120 or Mak 2 star

All of these I would consider competition grade smokers and are of good quality.
JD McGee Posted - 06/06/2013 : 5:13:06 PM
Get a MAK!
Smokey Dick Posted - 06/04/2013 : 5:51:27 PM
I'm impressed with J.D.'s Mak Grills!

http://www.makgrills.com/

© 2017 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000