Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PNWBA Sanctioned Events
 PNWBA Events
 Whistler Sauce Competition

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RibTickler Posted - 06/28/2016 : 12:08:24 PM
The organizer of the Bulleit Bourbon Canadian National BBQ Championships in Whistler has informed me that they have added a Sauce competition.
This will be a People's Choice category.

This is the information I have been given:

First Annual Bulleit Bourbon Canadian National BBQ Championships Sauce off

1. 20 team Maximum Entry
2. All competitors must submit 1 gallon of sauce by 9 am Saturday Morning.
3. All sauce entries must contain at least 1 ounce / gallon Bulliet bourbon
4. Winning recipes must be submitted to Bulliet Bourbon

Dustys will be providing pulled pork samples, each competitors sauce will be put into non-descript squeeze bottles, marked 1-20. The tasting will be blind.
Guests will donate $1, and will then have the opportunity to sample up to 5 sauces, on the pulled pork provided. (There is no limit on the amount of times one patron can pass through the line)
They will score on a scale of one to ten, based strictly on taste. Score cards will be dropped in the ballet box once complete.
All sauces will get equal tasting by guests.
The activation will run from 11 am to 4 pm on both days.
The scores will be tallied, and one contestant will win $500 and a gift basket courtesy of Bulleit Bourbon during the overall awards presentation.

Note: Sauce can be prepared ahead and brought to the competition.
Remember that the recipe must be provided for the use of Bulleit Bourbon
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RibTickler Posted - 07/15/2016 : 4:16:07 PM
You will have to email the organizer at Whistler.
JKearns@Whistlerblackcomb.com
There is no additional charge for those Teams registered for the main event, but since you are not registered for the event he may not be receptive to the idea. He will answer that question for you.
quote:
Originally posted by danv3a

I would like to enter a sauce but am unable to cook the regular competition because of a prior engagement is it ok if I drop off a gallon of sauce if I will not be there Sunday?

danv3a Posted - 07/15/2016 : 10:56:53 AM
I would like to enter a sauce but am unable to cook the regular competition because of a prior engagement is it ok if I drop off a gallon of sauce if I will not be there Sunday?
JD McGee Posted - 07/04/2016 : 5:00:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by RibTickler

At the Royal and the Jack the sauce competition is a formal category, judged in the same manner as the bbq - tables of judges.
This sauce competition is a Peoples Choice, with scores submitted by the public.
The judging is done over the two days of the event, and has the potential for hundreds of people judging.
A cup of sauce would not go very far with the way they want to engage the public in the judging process.
Th
quote:
Originally posted by JD McGee

It may just be me...but 1 gallon of sauce is a LOT for a taste testing. The Jack and The Royal only require a cup. I guess it would be fine if teams actually make their comp sauces in bulk...like House of Q. We'll pass on this one...

Got it...thanks!
RibTickler Posted - 07/04/2016 : 3:14:20 PM
At the Royal and the Jack the sauce competition is a formal category, judged in the same manner as the bbq - tables of judges.
This sauce competition is a Peoples Choice, with scores submitted by the public.
The judging is done over the two days of the event, and has the potential for hundreds of people judging.
A cup of sauce would not go very far with the way they want to engage the public in the judging process.
Th
quote:
Originally posted by JD McGee

It may just be me...but 1 gallon of sauce is a LOT for a taste testing. The Jack and The Royal only require a cup. I guess it would be fine if teams actually make their comp sauces in bulk...like House of Q. We'll pass on this one...

JD McGee Posted - 07/03/2016 : 1:49:12 PM

© 2018 Pacific Northwest BBQ Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000