Benton-Franklin Fair BBQ Cook-off
$1,000 Grand Champion & 1/2 beef
$500 Reserve Grand Champion & 1./4 beef
$250 Reserve Champion & 1/4 beef
Payouts (per category):
1st place: $150
2nd Place: $125
3rd Place: $100
4th Place: $75
5th Place: $50
6th Place: $25
SATURDAY, AUGUST 25
5am-8am – Team Load-in. All vehicles must be out of the fair and into the parking lot by 8:30am.
5:30am-7:30am – Site inspections (Teams arriving near 8am will be inspected after Cooks meeting if need be).
8am – Cooks Meeting
9am – Judges Meeting
10:30am – Public Sampling Begins
10:30am – Onion & Potato Dish
12:00pm – Tri-Tip
1:00pm – Chicken
2:00pm – Pork Ribs
2:30pm – Public Sampling Ends- Teams turn in tickets to fair office for counting.
2:30-3:30pm – Loadout-Must be completed before 3:30pm.
4pm – Awards Ceremony
Other Important Info:
• Ice will be available for purchase & delivery through the fair office.
• Each team must have a 2A or 3A 40BC fire extinguisher. No Extinguisher, No Cooking.
• Teams will be provided fresh water, ash disposal, grease disposal, gray water disposal, and trash disposal.
• No power provided.
• 25 cook sites available, 20×20.
• It is the teams responsibility to understand & adhere to the local health deparment regulations.
The public may purchase tickets from the Fair Office windows only during the BBQ Cook-Off. Tickets are $1. The public will receive a 2 oz. sample for 1 ticket or a rib for 2 tickets. Each team that participates will receive 80% of the revenue from tickets they collect; the remaining will be donated to 2nd Harvest. Teams must provide sampling cups.
PNWBA: Rush Hoag 509-869-9141
Benton Franklin Fair: Tamica Dickenson 509-222-3749